Do you want to finally embrace your calling as a writer?
Do you have a book idea you've always wanted to write?
Do you procrastinate or find yourself facing resistance?
It's time to write your book.
You’ve got a book you've been thinking about writing, one that you've been trying to start and finish and for some reason you just can't get it done.
Perhaps you want to reinvigorate your passion for writing and create a consistent writing habit. Maybe you've always wanted to live the life of a writer.
I bet you’ve been thinking about this for a long time, tossing around ideas, perhaps writing some of the book, or just taking notes.
Perhaps you’ve even imagined what the cover might look like and you can see your name as “author” of …
You have a calling to write and this calling just won't leave you alone. You know that if you could just write your book your life will change. It will open so many new possibilities and you will feel better. Imagine the joy and sense of fulfillment you would have if you just finished your damn book.
Being a writer in the 21st century is the best time time write! You can easily attract an audience, open up new opportunities and feel like you're finally living into the real you!
But here's the problem: when you sit down to write, you get stuck, get scared, or distracted, or procrastinate.
You get overwhelmed trying to do it on your own, and you just wish you could find a way to have it flow out of you easily.
Sometimes you just wish someone would help you structure your book, teach you storytelling skills and support you step by step.
Or maybe you're afraid you will never have the time to write and you start thinking about whether it's worth your time and second guess yourself.
All in all you feel crappy because you're not writing and you don't know why. There was a time in your life when you loved the thought of writing and you'd give anything to feel a sense of freedom and joy while writing and being creative.
You're Not Alone and I'm Here To Guide You
Hi I’m Dawn Montefusco and I believe passionately that if someone feels a call to write a book then the book has to be written.
It can be a memoir, a novel, a book of poetry, a book of essays, or a story you are yearning to tell. When you feel the urge to write you MUST do what it takes to make it happen. You risk your wellbeing and happiness by keeping your gifts trapped inside of you, and you risk holding back the impact you can make in the world.
There was a time not too long ago that I resisted the call to write and my entire spirit felt like it was dying inside. On the outside my life looked okay, great in fact, but on the inside things were meh. I realized I had lost my zest when I was not writing. The less I wrote, the worse I felt.
I took a chance in 2004 and I created a writing group in my home and my life changed. Once I committed to writing regularly for the joy of writing all kinds of things improved. My health improved, my business took off, and I found the relationship of my dreams. My internal world changed dramatically when I knew I was living into my purpose and it was reflected in the outer world. Now I help women all over the world step into their writing life and finish their dream books. They not only feel better, they are making a difference too.
But they didn't do it alone. They got the guidance, support and inspiration they needed to guide them every step of the way!
And you can too….
I help women all over the world get back their writing dreams and share their gifts. The Create Your Dream Book group is a precious yearly program to me. I host two groups a year and I pour my heart and soul into it.
My background as a writer, teacher and transformational life coach has helped me hone my expertise to give you the best support possible in this one-of-a-kind program. I have a BA in writing from New York University and an MFA in creative writing from Eastern Washington University. I am also a certified Transformational Solutions Focused Life Coach from Erickson College. I’ve been coaching for over 11 years, teaching for over 29 years, and writing for 44 years. It’s been an amazing journey!
You get graduate level support in learning about storytelling and how to craft your book while also having the guidance of a transformational life coach to break through emotional resistance
Please join me and we can get started.
Registration Now Open!
Live The Life of Your Dreams As A Writer and Write and Finish Your Book!
- Complete your book’s manuscript within ten months.
- Develop your individual writing plan: word count, size of book, structure.
- Create a solid writing practice. Learn tools for energy management.
- Build confidence as a writer and tap into your creativity easily.
- Intimately understand your own personal resistance style and how to conquer it.
- Learn the art of storytelling and how to craft a book, from outline to finish line.
- Develop your voice, learn how to write dialog, setting and details.
- Create deep bonds within a sisterhood of thriving writers!
- Understand the Hero’s Journey, how it fits into every story and how to use it in your work.
- Learn story structure, flow and effective dialog for any genre.
- Understand 21st Century Publishing Opportunities(ebooks, self publishing and traditional publishing).
In a nutshell, this is the incredible Create Your Dream Book 2019 offer:
- 10 month program, beginning Sept 19, 2019 to July 2020
- Limited, intimate small group enrollment
- 3 Live audio calls a month (recorded for you to keep)
- 3 Live Interactive Zoom Video Q&A a month (recorded for you to keep)
- 3 Private 30 minute private coaching calls to be used within the 10 months
- Exclusive Facebook group for regular discussions, sharing, support and interactivity
- Nurturing peer-to-peer support with expert coach mentoring
- Lifelong access to all content + all content is downloadable
- A small and intimate group dynamic of amazing women experiencing personal growth together
- Becoming fully empowered as a writer and author
- Support within a small (12 -14 women) close knit cohort of women writers going through the process with and alongside you
- Expert graduate school level instruction and guidance from Dawn who holds both a Master’s Degree in Fine Arts in creative writing and a certificate in Transformational Life Coaching
- Learn the craft of storytelling and how to create a compelling book readers won't be able to put down
- Be held lovingly accountable to finish what you start
- Committed and engaged mentor dedicated to your transformation
- A consistent, proven system to start and finish your book
- The necessary, constant guidance and accountability you need
- A vision keeper who gently holds you accountable to your writing
- Greater confidence in your ability to transform your life and your writing
- Proprietary book writing tools to help you structure and finish your book.
- Exclusive access to top industry experts including editors and publishing experts
- Free digital copy of my ebook ‘Write Your True Story’ – A valuable resource for writers of memoir, non-fiction and creative non-fiction revealing the power of the hero’s journey in any story.
- Lifetime access to my vault of expert interviews on the craft of writing and breaking through creative resistance
Write Now. It's Never Too Late To Create!
In this 10-Month Course You Will…
- Learn how to create your own customized writing plan.
- Hone your skills, and write your dream book – the one you really want to write.
- Learn how to maximize your time and energy so you don't feel pressure and can easily balance your life with your writing.
- Get inspired and stay inspired from start to finish.
- Ways to get past resistance, stay on course, and get into your writing groove.
- Structure your book in a way that makes writing it easy.
- Learn how to tap into your unique voice, tone and message.
- Feel the freedom of being in the flow and unleash your creativity.
- Learn all the ways you can publish your book from self publishing to traditional publishing.
- Learn how to build a platform so you can build your own audience.
The group experience really helps you feel supportive in a gentle and friendly way.
We’ll get to know each other, form connections, and have fun. As each of us contributes to the group experience, everyone will grow more knowledgeable, more confident, more capable of moving forward with the projects we undertake.
You also get three private sessions with me.
These include one-on-one book writing sessions to help you clarify the overall idea for your book, review your outline, and give you personal coaching for your project. We will continue to use these sessions as needed throughout the program.
Feel Great About Your Writing!
One of the key things I've learned is that we are NOT supposed to write alone.
It's a myth that writers are supposed to do it by themselves. In reality it's the support of a loving community or small group that makes a big difference in any writer's life. Your fellow authors will keep you in the creative flow and on schedule. But you’ll not only have the accountability and support of the group, you’ll also have your own accountability buddy. It's part of why this program is so effective.
Your Own Personal Writing Coach
You've always got me in your corner to help you.
I’ll give you my advice on how to stay motivated and write and finish your book.
I’m there if you have questions, are feeling challenged or need support to keep you on track. This is your dream book and my goal is to help you feel great while you see your vision come true!
From Outline to Finish Line and Beyond!
My proven system takes you from scratch to completed manuscript in 10 months. The curriculum unfolds over three modules as briefly described below:
Module 1 Clarity and Focus
- Identifying Resistance Style
- Energy management versus time management
- Procrastination, Discipline and Distraction
- Book vision creation and refinement
- Mind mapping
- Easy outlining methods
- Commitment and plan of action
Module 2 – Unleashing The Writer Within
- The role of loving accountability
- Working with Feedback
- Building out sisterhood writing community
- Creating Tension and Flow
- Imagination Versus Memory
- The Hero's Journey in all genres
- The Screenplay Method in book writing
Module 3 – Learning Storycrafting
- Show versus Tell and vice versa
- Dialog techniques in fiction, memoir, non-fiction and poetry
- Transparency, authenticity and risk
- The Role of Cause and Effect
- Epiphany and Climax
- Best practices in looking for a good editor
- Should you self-publish or traditionally publish?
- Do you need an agent?
- Do you need an online platform to publish?
- What if you just want to write the book and wait?
Shirl Crimmins Smith
Dawn makes dreams come true! Dawn is a talented and passionate writing coach and a master at her craft and the best possible choice in my opinion to make my dream come true. She teaches with a great knowledge of expertise and uplifts you as she makes you reach and grow. It was during a webinar that I watched Dawn being interviewed and her passion, desire, and drive to reach those who wanted to write their story touched my heart. She was genuine in her belief that we all have a story, she offered a free phone consult, and I called. For anyone who, like me, was not encouraged to follow his or her dream of being an author, you need to call Dawn and chat! It was the most rewarding of my instincts to act upon and my story came alive under her guidance and I finished my book!
Liz Ann Phelps,
The overwhelming feeling that I should be able to write on my own was strong, yet I was stuck. The nagging sense that I shouldn't spend money on a coach would grow stronger when I would consider the prospect of a coach as a way out of my impasse. Half way through a phone consultation with Dawn, I knew those were excuses and self-sabotage and I eagerly took the plunge.
After hiring Dawn, my writing life took off! In every session with Dawn I learn something new about craft as well as about my own innate writing style and skills. Thanks to her guidance and expertise, I am moving toward completion of my book at a pace I never would have imagined. But, I'm also writing with more clarity and skill than I believed I was capable of.
Not only is Dawn a dream on the technical side, but her experience and wisdom regarding resistance to the creative process is vital for battling my own inner demons as they arise in an attempt to thwart my efforts. Since beginning my work with her, I have cultivated new and wonderful habits of writing that propel me closer to my dream.
I'd recommend Dawn Z. Montefusco to anyone looking to overcome their blocks to living the creative life they desire. Dawn is a Creative Doula, helping you birth your creative project!
CEO, Founder, The Nia Technique
Dawn personally helped me push through many writing and creative blocks. Without Dawn my current book projects would not be in the final stages, nor at the level of excellence that has become a result of her coaching and writing skills. I give Dawn my highest recommendation.
CEO, Life Coach, Author
I could not have finished my book without Dawn’s guidance as a writing and book coach. My fear of “not good enough” would have held me hostage forever. After working with Dawn for a few months I thought, “Wow, I think I am actually going to finish a book this summer. How amazing and sexy is that!!” And I did it! Dawn is not only one of the best life coaches I’ve worked with she also really knows how to tell a good story and helped me make my book compelling. Dawn will help you past resistance and into your creative genius!
I am grateful to have found Dawn as a coach, especially since this is my first experience working with a writing coach. She is knowledgeable in her field, and uses that knowledge to help me explore my own creative talents. In writing my book, she has encouraged me along the way to dig deeper into my story, and express it with skill and profoundness. She also has helped me take my poetry writings to a whole new level. When I work with Dawn, I look forward to her insight and support. Her coaching is truly a gift, and what I have learned will continue to help me in futures writing for years to come! I can’t recommend her highly enough!
Author and Entrepreneur
Before working with Dawn I was like a hose that had come off a tap: I was bursting with ideas on lots of subjects, but I didn't have a reliable process to capture, refine, and polish my writing in an organized way. I would repeatedly stop and start, and get frustrated about the inconsistencies and unpredictability of my writing process. After I started working with Dawn, that all changed. I discovered that she has a vast toolkit of coaching methods that helped me to effortlessly tap into all my inner resources and experiences to make my writing come alive. She is inspirational, honest, encouraging and highly skilled, coupled with a compassionate determination to bring out the best in her clients. As a result of working with Dawn, I broke through my writing blocks, my thoughts are better organized, and the quality of my work has improved beyond my wildest expectations. I highly recommend working with Dawn if you are serious about your writing.
Contract Technical Instructor and Writer
Dawn and I are working together on my memoir book project. Dawn challenges me to go into deeper details so that I can realize the true importance of my work. She provides pivotal feedback for me to excel in my creation process. Her “show don’t tell” mantra has helped me delve deeper into my past and extract the most germane details of my memories. She keeps me focused on what my part is in the writing process, and will gently nudge me to get back on track when necessary. Her advice is always constructive and deliberate and never reproachful. I am truly thankful to have Dawn as a partner on my project!